We look at three things the Spirit does for us, and things we need to avoid so that we don’t hinder our Communion with Him:
- He loves us, therefore we must not grieve Him.
- He works in us to move us forward in holiness, thus we must not quench His work in us.
- He leads us through the Word, so we must not resist Him.
We are exhorted to repent of these three things:
- Instead of grieving Him, to receive His love and seek to do the things that please Him.
- Instead of quenching His work in our souls through our sins, to encourage His fire of holiness to burn strongly in our hearts through obedience and the means of grace.
- Instead of resisting Him, to submit to His Word at all the times and in all the places where it is preached to us from one Lord’s Day to the next.
If you hear the Spirit speaking to you in this message, don’t harden your hearts against Him, but trust in Him.