We look at the incident of the woman who had been bleeding for 12 years, and of the young girl whom Jesus raised from the dead. We see the following:
- both of these are pictures that show us how Jesus deals with those who are unclean and dead through sin
- faith was the key in both cases to receive the benefits that Christ was able and willing to give
- Jesus shows Himself as both the author of life and as the One who is the Resurrection and the Life
- At death, the final state of all is decided. Some enjoy the presence of Christ in eternal and perfect bliss forever; others receive eternal and perfect misery in hell forever
- Repentance and faith in Christ are the things that determine the final state of each person - those who have repented will know life to the full, those who have not will know misery forever
In the light of these things, we are all encouraged to come to Christ and forsake our sins, that we may be raised up to new life in Christ and be secure for eternity to come!