This morning, the Lord gives us several more encouragements from the book of Acts: Even though we face opposition in the Christian life, even though there are battles to fight, there are blessings as well:
- The Gospel had made inroads at Troas: there Paul was able to meet with believers and worship with them.
- The day on which they met - the Lord’s Day - reminded them that though things might be hard now, there was rest ahead from all their many labors.
- The Lord’s Supper they celebrated reminded them that the death of Christ - as well as His resurrection, pictured by the Lord’s Day - would ultimately provide victory over their greatest enemy: death.
- Paul’s preaching brought these truths home to their hearts.
- And the miracle the Lord did at Troas reminded them that the Gospel they believed, the hope they had, was real: one day they would be in heaven.
- We see something here of the worship of the early church and the things the Lord intended these blessings to remind us of.
We are urged to take these encouragements home and apply them in our own situations.